What's all this then?

An infrequent collection of ramblings and pictures related to gaming. I play mainly Sci-Fi or Fantasy, but have recently found myself feeling nostalgic & yearning for my Army days in BAOR - hence the 6mm Coldwar forces & the foray into 20mm.

Sunday, 10 August 2014

Britannia FV432 - 81mm Mortar

My first foray into resin models! A Britannia Models FV432 from Grubby Tanks.

I've gone for the 81mm Mortar version (VEH25).

There were a couple of minor bubbles to fill and a few bits where edges had broken off - mainly round the hatch rims and road wheels.

I "bodged" the hatch rims with Green Stuff, made a fire extinguisher for the back door but left the road wheels. I also used Green Stuff to attach the commanders hatch as Superglue alone didn't seem up to the job.

Drilled & fixed wire antenna's and that was it!


The finished article. 

I undercoated with Black, applied "Blue Tack Masking" and then sprayed with Plastic Soldier Company British Armour Green.

Then it was just a case of drybrushing, tracks & bits & bobs (Fire System covers, number plates, Driver).

I painted the crew separately & then blatantly nicked RichardC's idea for mounting them on "Sabots".













The "Sabot" for the crew.


I'd like it if the driver had a helmet on too - but that's possibly not beyond my skills with Green Stuff. I may get more adventurous and try to add cam nets & poles on the next ones. 

I'll definitely be ordering more as they're lovely models & fit really well with the troops.

2 comments:

  1. Looking up fv432 mortar carriers and found this. Great work! Love it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I do need to get some more of these as they're characterful models!

      Delete