What's all this then?

An infrequent collection of ramblings and pictures related to gaming. I play mainly Sci-Fi or Fantasy, but have recently found myself feeling nostalgic & yearning for my Army days in BAOR - hence the 6mm Coldwar forces & the foray into 20mm.

Friday, 19 December 2014

Valiant 1/72 British Tommies

I bought these ages ago fully intending to paint & use them.

Then I opened the box & saw the size of them compared to the 1/72 figures my opponents would be using! They're like giants - around 22mm in height.

So they went into my "Bring & Buy" box. A year or so later & no-one had bought them - they caught my eye and, as I didn't have anything else to paint at the time, I snipped 'em out & painted them.

They're lovely, detailed miniatures.



They come with an assortment of different heads to add variety to the basic poses - just lop the old ones off & glue the new ones on!



Piat & Bren Gunner are the same figure but with different arm options, there is also a standing figure that can have Bren, Piat/Mortar case or Rifle arms attached.



The Vickers HMG Gunners are nice too!


I like these so much that I may have to buy some Valiant Germans just to have some enemies in the right scale!

No comments:

Post a Comment